Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Manager develops and implements systems and procedures to ensure effective customer service administration and field support. The Manager also acts as a liaison with field sales and service, internal departments, and customers, and supervises the performance of the Regional Business Coordinators.
- Manage the day to day administrative and support functions of the Business Administration Customer Service and Service Support groups.
- Develop policies and procedures to allow for effective implementation of order entry and customer service follow up associated with a direct order entry department.
- Train employees in various aspects of the department and continually monitor phone work to ensure that the quality of responses to customers meet goals for a world class customer service organization.
- Monitor and review the performance of Regional Business Coordinators.
- Exercise responsibility to hire, transfer, promote, discipline, or discharge employees in accordance with company policies.
- Initiate and implement procedures and work standards to meet departmental goals and objectives.
- Encourage and provide opportunities for employees to be cross trained in other functional areas of the customer service organization.
- Reassign work responsibilities during staff shortages to maintain acceptable response rates to customer inquiries.
- Provide field and third-party service personnel guidelines and direction for implementing remote changes to service database.
- When necessary, provide remedial and new hire training to field personnel on company systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as position requires.
- Degree in Business Administration, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of related management experience in a direct distribution customer service environment.
- Proven track record of success in customer service and leadership.
- Strong business acumen, conflict management skills, planning and organizational skills.