District Service Manager, Pennsylvania
SHARE THIS JOB
Our client, a medical technology company, is seeking a District Service Manager, based in Pennsylvania, to join their team. The DSM will be responsible for total customer satisfaction and prompt resolution of company equipment problems including x-ray, digital imaging, or related medical diagnostic equipment.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audit field engineer activity, verify that all preventative and corrective maintenance actions are performed in a timely fashion, reported to company, and done in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Coordinate service to customers to ensure efficient use of resources and maximize customer uptime.
- Actively manage and track unused and failed service parts and ensure their timely return.
- Review and analyze district performance measurements, implement corrective action when needed.
- Provide effective guidance to assigned field engineers, set appropriate expectation levels, and inspire others to perform to their maximum potential.
- Ensure all assigned personnel are properly trained and meet regulatory training requirements related to the servicing of company products.
- Manage assigned company assets (tools, test equipment, replacement parts) to ensure they are adequately allocated and properly deployed to minimize expense and maximize efficiency.
- Manage the business for the assigned district with the utilization of trending and tracking reports.
- Analyze data and prepare reports on product service issues
- Provide and/or facilitate on-site and remote support to customers and assigned personnel as required.
- Provide pre- and post-sales support; maintain close working relationships with field sales management and other sales personnel to ensure customer’s needs are met.
- Ensure company products are installed per specification, in a professional manner, consistent with customer requirements.
- Manage revenue and control expenses within budgetary guidelines and company expectations.
- Create and implement strategies to increase service revenue and profitability. Work with FEs, and develop programs to increase service revenue (contract, billable, PMs, relo, etc.).
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory requirements and that all aspects of DQSM are understood and adhered to by assigned personnel.
- Convey and support company’s Vision, Strategies, and Imperatives to team.
- Complete and conduct annual performance appraisals for all assigned personnel.
- Respond to customer inquiries in written form, in person, or via telephone as needed.
- Ensure that all assigned personnel complete and submit all required paperwork and reports accurately and on time.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by service management
- Must be people oriented (coach, motivator, mentor, team builder).
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of quickly resolving constantly changing work schedules and priorities and handling multiple concurrent tasks.
- Proven ability to supervise remote, field-based personnel.
- Must be flexible, able to maintain composure, communicate professionally, and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills when dealing with upset customers and assigned personnel.
- Position requires frequent travel and ability to travel on short notice.
- Associates degree, or equivalent, in electronics or a related technical discipline. A degree in business administration or management desirable
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a service environment working with customers to resolve problems related to x-ray, digital imaging, or related medical diagnostic equipment.