Field Service Engineer - Plainview, NY
SHARE THIS JOB
Our client, a medical technology company, is seeking a Field Service Engineer, located in or around Plainview, New York, to join their team. The FSE will be responsible for the installation and service of company products (mammography, digital mammography, bone densitometry, and mini c-arms) which include electrical, mechanical and software components.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with company products, support, and service.
- Complete all remedial service actions, standard system checks, and required hardware and software upgrades in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Assist other Field Engineers, as necessary.
- Maintain a good customer service reputation by complying with all regulatory requirements and all aspects of DQSM.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on time and accurately.
- Train customers on the basic operation and use of company products.
- Provide feedback to the District Manager concerning product performance anomalies encountered in the field and make recommendations for service improvements.
- Provide support at conventions, trade shows and customer trials.
- Provide pre- and post-sales support by maintaining close working relationships with sales and customers to ensure expectations are met and equipment installations are handled as planned.
- Manage inventory, keep accurate records, and return unused and failed parts promptly.
- Promote service contract offerings and assist the local Service Sales Specialist in selling service agreements to customers within your assigned territory.
- Manage the assigned territory in an organized fashion.
- Perform PM’s on time, provide expeditious on-site response and minimize equipment downtime.
- Respond to customer inquiries in written form (with managerial approval), in person, or via telephone as needed.
- Escalate customer issues and unresolved product problems to service management in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Must be a self-starter, able to travel and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking, setting priorities and scheduling work activities.
- Ability to resolve problems, think analytically and communicate professionally in high pressure, time sensitive, customer environments.
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime on short notice.
- Position requires the ability to be “on call” after normal working hours.
- Depending on location, position may require frequent overnight travel.
- Must have reliable transportation, possess a valid driver’s license, and carry adequate auto insurance.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent in electronics, computer science or related technical discipline is required.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a field service position working with customers to resolve problems related to x-ray, digital imaging or related medical equipment preferred.
- Experience designing, installing, or maintaining computer networks highly desirable.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Must be proficient with DOS and Windows, certified training and/or working knowledge of UNIX /NT/Solaris or other software operating systems preferred.