Manager of Payment Posting and Patient Services
The Manager of Payment Posting & Patient Services will manage and oversee a team responsible for daily cash posting, a team responsible for providing timely resolution of patient account inquiries within the revenue cycle operations, and a team responsible for daily cash posting reconciliation to ensure accurate posting processes are followed. Additionally, the Manager will be responsible for motivating staff to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and works to appropriately integrate and facilitate best practices, achieve efficiencies; align with the company's strategic plan while maintaining quality and customer service standards; and ensure the department is operating within rules and regulations applicable to the department.
- Provide day-to-day management of the staff and work activities. This includes measuring and monitoring staff daily productivity and accuracy to ensure peak performance through quantitative and qualitative KPI’s.
- Review and monitor workflows to manage and maintain an efficient cash application process, as well as quality customer service for patient inquiries.
- Review and update existing standards, policies, and processes to create an environment of continuous improvement to promote more effective cash application and quality customer service for patient inquiries.
- Lead the hiring, training, and motivation of employees. Make effective decisions regarding discipline and changes in employment status.
- Provide leadership and motivation by addressing clear expectations.
- Prepare and analyze reporting data, identify gaps and areas for improvement; make appropriate changes to process and policies to address those areas.
- Work with staff directly to empower and promote creativity and self-development through performance management practices (including but not limited to performance reviews, audits, one-on-one meetings, etc.)
- Serve as a resource for/with various departments within revenue cycle, and operations to ensure smooth process flow, assist with answering questions, provide education as well as investigate and resolve issues as requested.
- Monitoring vendor performance and reporting on discrepancies in payment.
- Develop and implement performance standards for customer service functions and audit outcomes.
- Ensure service level goals are met for phone calls, mail processing, email and live chat response in order to provide world-class service to our customers.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 7+ years of experience in payment posting/cash posting.
- 7+ years of Patient Call Center experience required.
- Knowledge of insurance payers and ERAs process required.
- Strong data entry skills required.
- 50 wpm/10 key required.
- Experience with Payer Lockboxes and Electronic payments application.
- Experience with Electronic Payment enrollment.
- Experience effectively handling resolution of patient billing and other related issues.
- Understanding of HIPAA regulations.
- Advanced MS Office knowledge, specifically Excel and Word. Pivot tables & VLook UP is a MUST skill.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data for creation of standard operating procedures and clearly articulate Power Point presentations.
- Ability to Multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with remote and 3rd party resource management, is a plus.