Field Service Engineer – Atlanta, GA
Our client, a medical technology company, is seeking a Field Service Engineer to join their team. The FSE will be responsible for the installation and service of company products (mammography, digital mammography, bone densitometry, and mini c-arms) which include electrical, mechanical and software components.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with company products, support, and service.
- Complete all remedial service actions, standard system checks, and required hardware and software upgrades in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Assist other Field Engineers, as necessary.
- Maintain a good customer service reputation by complying with all regulatory requirements and all aspects of DQSM.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on time and accurately.
- Train customers on the basic operation and use of company products.
- Provide feedback to the District Manager concerning product performance anomalies encountered in the field and make recommendations for service improvements.
- Provide support at conventions, trade shows and customer trials.
- Provide pre- and post-sales support by maintaining close working relationships with sales and customers to ensure expectations are met and equipment installations are handled as planned.
- Manage inventory, keep accurate records, and return unused and failed parts promptly.
- Promote service contract offerings and assist the local Service Sales Specialist in selling service agreements to customers within your assigned territory.
- Manage the assigned territory in an organized fashion.
- Perform PM’s on time, provide expeditious on-site response and minimize equipment downtime.
- Respond to customer inquiries in written form (with managerial approval), in person, or via telephone as needed.
- Escalate customer issues and unresolved product problems to service management in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Must be a self-starter, able to travel and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking, setting priorities and scheduling work activities.
- Ability to resolve problems, think analytically and communicate professionally in high pressure, time sensitive, customer environments.
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime on short notice.
- Position requires the ability to be “on call” after normal working hours.
- Depending on location, position may require frequent overnight travel.
- Must have reliable transportation, possess a valid driver’s license, and carry adequate auto insurance.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal are required
- Associates Degree or equivalent in electronics, computer science or related technical discipline is required.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a field service position working with customers to resolve problems related to x-ray, digital imaging or related medical equipment preferred.
- Experience designing, installing, or maintaining computer networks highly desirable.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Must be proficient with DOS and Windows, certified training and/or working knowledge of UNIX /NT/Solaris or other software operating systems preferred.
Contact InformationDebbie Chermak
813-973-2200 EXT. 3005
Share our jobs with others
At Allied Dynamic Search we seek to bring the latest news and perspectives our communities have to offer.