Regulatory Compliance Officer
Our client is a rapidly growing specialized third-party payment processor for consumers enrolled in debt settlement and student loan modification programs. They offer custodial services to attorneys, debt settlement advisors, and student loan modification processors who refer their clients for payment processing and account management services.
The position requires a “hands-on proactive” compliance and regulatory officer charged with developing, revising maintaining, monitoring, auditing, enforcing, and adhering to internal and external compliance standards set by the company, state and federal regulatory agencies, and financial institutions. The Compliance Officer will report to the in-house General Counsel and work closely with both the entire management team and consultants on managing the daily regulatory compliance and legal needs of the company, as well as execute on short-term and long-term goals established by senior management and the board of directors.
The selected individual must be a good communicator who is multi-skilled and have an ability to work in a flat organizational structure as a peer to other employees. This person must be a leader, educator, and demonstrate the highest degree of integrity and ethical conduct.
Managing our clients’ risk, the Compliance Officer officer needs to remain objective and function independently from other departments. The selected individual must be detail oriented and be able to identity and resolve risk and develop policies, procedures, and standards to adhere to regulatory and legal measures. The Regulatory Compliance Officer will also lead our clients’ Compliance Committee.
The selected applicant could work at the company’s office in the southeast or work remotely visiting the office on a regular basis.
- Responsible for internal and external compliance standards and risk management
- Develop, revise, maintain, monitor, audit, enforce and adhere to internal and external compliance policies, procedures, and standards set by our client, state and federal agencies, and financial institutions
- Develop, coordinate, and facilitate educational and training programs focused on the elements of the compliance and seek to ensure all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent federal and state laws and statutes
- Ensure subcontractors and referral sources have appropriate compliance management systems in place
- Stay abreast of federal and state regulatory changes and judicial rulings that potentially impact the business
- Respond to federal, state, and financial institution audits and investigations, as well as civil litigation
- Report monthly to senior management the status of the company’s risk management systems, performance, standards, audits, claims, and investigations by government agencies or financial institutions
- Independently investigate and act on matters related to compliance, including designing and coordinating internal investigations and implementing corrective actions with all employees or subcontractors
- Conduct periodic risk assessments and response plans
- Conduct internal monitoring and auditing
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management and the board of directors
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited university
- 3+ years of legal, regulatory, or compliance experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel one week a month, if required
- Knowledge of the FTC, CFPB, and state regulations regarding debt settlement, Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR), consumer lending, consumer privacy, anti-money laundering, and other consumer and financial rules and regulations, a plus
- Knowledge of management information systems and related software used in compliance, a plus
Contact InformationJohn Fiumano
813-973-2200 EXT. 3000
Share our jobs with others
At Allied Dynamic Search we seek to bring the latest news and perspectives our communities have to offer.